WHO DOES YOUR ORGANIZATION SERVE?
The Grief Recovery Method provides Grief Recovery assistance to people of all races, religions and background. Our focus and expertise is in helping people recover from loss, a normal and natural process that everyone experiences in their lives.
WHAT IS THEIR BIGGEST CHALLENGE?
When the founder of The Grief Recovery Method, John James, lost his son nearly thirty years ago, he was surprised to find that there weren't a lot of people trained to help him through his grief. While there seemed to be plenty of intellectual-based help, he couldn't find any that addressed his emotional struggles. It was his heart that was broken, not his mind.
Incomplete recovery from grief can have a lifelong negative effect on the capacity for happiness. It is possible however, to recover from grief and regain energy and spontaneity.
HOW DO YOU HELP THEM?
The Grief Recovery Method offers grievers the specific actions needed to move beyond their loss and to feel better.
- Certification Training- The Grief Recovery Certification Training will give you the tools you need to effectively help grievers recover from loss as well as an opportunity for personal healing. The program was developed by someone who was going through loss himself so this is not just a theory, but also a method that has worked for millions of people continuously over the past 35 years.
- Support Groups- Our Grief Support Groups provide a safe environment for you to look at your old beliefs about dealing with loss, which losses have affected your life, and take actions that will lead you to complete unresolved emotions that may still be causing you pain. The groups are facilitated by one of our Certified Grief Recovery Specialists. Specialists come from all walks of life and professional backgrounds, but have on thing in common: a desire to help people.
- Weekend Workshops- This interactive workshop will be a safe place to examine what you’ve been taught about loss, to explore your beliefs about grief, and will guide you in completing a set of actions that will enable you to move forward in your life with hope. Once equipped with these tools, you will be able to work through other losses that you may have experienced in your past.
- A Grief Support Blog- This blog will allow you the opportunity to acquire both support and guidance after experiencing a significant loss.
- A Grief Education Blog- This blog will assist those who help grievers whether individually or in a group.
- Books- The Grief Recovery Handbook, When Children Grieve, Grief Recovery Handbook for Pet Loss, Moving On, Moving Beyond Loss
- Free Grief eBook- The Grief Recovery Method Guide for Loss provides 61 tips on the experience of Grief and how to help people through it.
WHERE CAN WE FIND OUT MORE?
Music to Grieve toListening to sad music after losing a loved one, being diagnosed with a terminal illness, or finalizing a divorce might seem counterintuitive, but this somber sounding activity has been proven to help.
Nothing can prepare you for grief, nor is there a right or wrong way to deal with it, but sad music is an easily accessible and highly effective tool that can help you begin to heal.Learn How Sad Music Can Help You