WHO DOES YOUR ORGANIZATION SERVE?
American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine is the professional organization for physicians specializing in hospice and palliative medicine, nurses, and other healthcare providers. We are dedicated to advancing hospice and palliative medicine and improving the care of patients with serious illness.
WHAT IS THEIR BIGGEST CHALLENGE?
In our current healthcare system, hospice and palliative care workers don't always get the support they need to be both effective, and efficient. At the heart of these efforts is the goal of ensuring that all patients and families facing serious illness have access to high-quality palliative care throughout the care continuum. We are currently focused on two main issues:
- Expanding the hospice and palliative care workforce
- Ensuring timely access to prescription medications.
HOW DO YOU HELP THEM?
- Professional education and training- AAHPM serves as the primary source of information, engagement and support for physicians practicing hospice and palliative medicine.
- Development of a specialist workforce- AAHPM attracts, develops and sustains a robust workforce composed of competent leaders - including clinicians, educators, and researchers - in order to expand access to hospice and palliative care.
- Support for clinical practice standards- AAHPM strives to improve the quality of healthcare delivery within all seriously ill populations and all settings, including but not limited to patients receiving palliative or hospice care.
- Research and public policy- AAHPM promotes understanding, acceptance, funding and sustainability of hospice and palliative medicine.
WHERE CAN WE FIND OUT MORE?
Music to Grieve toListening to sad music after losing a loved one, being diagnosed with a terminal illness, or finalizing a divorce might seem counterintuitive, but this somber sounding activity has been proven to help.
Nothing can prepare you for grief, nor is there a right or wrong way to deal with it, but sad music is an easily accessible and highly effective tool that can help you begin to heal.Learn How Sad Music Can Help You