WHO DOES YOUR ORGANIZATION SERVE?
MacMillian Cancer Support exists to help improve the lives of people affected by cancer, both those living with cancer and also their families and carers. Our primary focus is to reach and improve the lives of everyone living with cancer.
WHAT IS THEIR BIGGEST CHALLENGE?
Cancer can leave you facing many challenges, from coping with your cancer care, to finding the help you need or planning a holiday after a diagnosis. If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with cancer, you’re not alone. Find out what to expect, get information, practical advice and support, hear from experts and read about other people’s experiences.
HOW DO YOU HELP THEM?
No one should face cancer alone. So when you need someone to turn to, we’re here. Right from the moment you’re diagnosed, through your treatment and beyond, we’re a constant source of support, giving you the energy and inspiration to help you take back control of your life, and feel more like yourself again.
- Education- We produce independent, expert, up-to-date information to meet the information needs of people affected by cancer.
- Research- The evidence that we produce helps us, and others, understand the needs, numbers and experiences of people affected by cancer.
- Policy- We find out what matters to people affected by cancer, and fight for the best deal. We help shape policies and work with the government to improve lives.
- Training Courses- Macmillan offers a range of free courses, workshops and e-learning for people affected by cancer. This includes carers, family members. volunteers and community members.
- Online Community- For anyone who has lost a family member or friend to cancer to share their feelings and get emotional support.
WHERE CAN WE FIND OUT MORE?
Music to Grieve toListening to sad music after losing a loved one, being diagnosed with a terminal illness, or finalizing a divorce might seem counterintuitive, but this somber sounding activity has been proven to help.
Nothing can prepare you for grief, nor is there a right or wrong way to deal with it, but sad music is an easily accessible and highly effective tool that can help you begin to heal.Learn How Sad Music Can Help You