WHO DOES YOUR ORGANIZATION SERVE?
Grief Net seeks to help those who may have just suffered a loss. If you think hearing from others in similar circumstances, sharing your losses, or asking for support might help you, Grief Net is there for you.
WHAT IS THEIR BIGGEST CHALLENGE?
We at GriefNet are so sorry you have had a loss that has brought you here, but we welcome you to this community of people who understand grief and bereavement. We know that those who are grieving feel particularly raw or vulnerable, but rest assured that you are safe with us. All GriefNet groups are monitored by a gentle member of our staff.
HOW DO YOU HELP THEM?
- Email Support Groups- We have different groups depending on the nature of your loss.
- Library- Need to read something helpful, moving or uplifting? Here you can find articles on various aspects of grief and bereavement - such as how to cope with grief during holidays, or how children grieve, or gender differences and grief, as well as less formal writing including poems written by bereaved parents or thoughts and reflections by some famous and not-so-famous people.
- Bookstore- If you wish to obtain a book or video on some aspect of bereavement: search through our Bookstore. Books and leaflets are listed by publisher. Here you can also obtain video and audio cassettes and other items.
- Resources- If you are looking for a resource: like a hospice, support group, funeral home, counsellors, retreats or need contact information for your region please look in our Resources section. Here you will also find many links to other related internet sites from all over the world dealing with grief and loss.
- Memorials- Here you can view a memorial or leave a tribute to someone dear to you.
- KIDSAID.com- Our companion site provides a safe environment for grieving kids and their parents to find information and ask questions.
WHERE CAN WE FIND OUT MORE?
Music to Grieve toListening to sad music after losing a loved one, being diagnosed with a terminal illness, or finalizing a divorce might seem counterintuitive, but this somber sounding activity has been proven to help.
Nothing can prepare you for grief, nor is there a right or wrong way to deal with it, but sad music is an easily accessible and highly effective tool that can help you begin to heal.Learn How Sad Music Can Help You