WHO DOES YOUR ORGANIZATION SERVE?
Soul Care Project is a free online resource offering spiritual and emotional support for anyone in distress due to serious illness ‒ whoever you are, whatever you believe, wherever you are. Soul Care Project is for patients and their loved ones, for family caregivers and professional caregivers.
WHAT IS THEIR BIGGEST CHALLENGE?
People who are facing a serious illness might also be coping with "spiritual distress". Spiritual distress not only raises painful feelings and big questions such as, “Why is this happening?” “Did God abandon me?” “Is there a God?” “What’s going to happen next?” but it can also lead to feelings of loneliness, hopeless and despair.
Emotional anguish, spiritual pain, and physical suffering can all be part of a serious illness. But you don’t have to go through any of these things alone.
HOW DO YOU HELP THEM?
At Soul Care Project, we recognize that healing involves care not only for the body and mind, but the intangible that is commonly called the soul. Even if you are surrounded by a strong support system of family, friends, and others, there may be times when you need additional support: information, resources, and articles to help you make meaning of the challenges before you as well as bring you a sense of hope and affirmation. That's why we provide the following:
- Counselors- Connect with a professional who will listen and help. Our Counselors are highly experienced professional health care chaplains who are trained and credentialed to offer spiritual and emotional support to everyone regardless of religion or beliefs.
- Help Guides- Research and experience says that people who are coping with illness or grief often are wrestling with five “Big Issues” of spiritual distress, and Soul Care Experts have created a Help Guide for each.
- Prayers & Meditations- Here we have a list of prayers and meditations categorized according to which religion you are affiliated with.
- Soul Care Exercises- Here are some exercises that may help you find happiness, support and relaxation.
- Soul Care Self Assessment- The purpose of this activity is to help you in identifying a sense of your spirituality. There are no “right” or “wrong” answers. It is provided to guide you as you think through what brings you a sense of meaning and comfort.
WHERE CAN WE FIND OUT MORE?
Music to Grieve toListening to sad music after losing a loved one, being diagnosed with a terminal illness, or finalizing a divorce might seem counterintuitive, but this somber sounding activity has been proven to help.
Nothing can prepare you for grief, nor is there a right or wrong way to deal with it, but sad music is an easily accessible and highly effective tool that can help you begin to heal.Learn How Sad Music Can Help You