WHO DOES YOUR ORGANIZATION SERVE?
CancerCare® exists to help everyone who has been affected by Cancer.
While that is clearly a huge amount of people, we focus on three categories:
- Patients & Survivors
- Caregivers & Loved Ones
- Health Care Professionals
WHAT IS THEIR BIGGEST CHALLENGE?
A cancer diagnosis turns a person’s world upside down — emotionally, physically and financially.
The need for information becomes paramount - from the type of Cancer to the different treatments, to the implications on money, family, work, etc, a cancer diagnosis affects everything. Finding a trusted source of information that covers all the implications of a cancer diagnosis can be tough!
HOW DO YOU HELP THEM?
Aside from creating a thriving online community of people sharing their experiences and knowledge, CancerCare® is the leading national organization dedicated to providing free, professional support services, these include:
- Our staff of professional oncology social workers provide support, information and resources to help you better cope with cancer.
- Support Groups
- Connect with others in support groups for cancer patients, loved ones and people who have lost a loved one, led by oncology social workers.
- Connect Education Workshops
- Leading experts in oncology provide up-to-date information in one-hour educational cancer workshops over the telephone or online.
- Written by experts, our easy-to-read booklets and fact sheets provide reliable information on cancer-related topics.
- Financial Assistance
- We offer limited financial assistance for cancer-related costs and co-pays, and our professional oncology social workers can help you find additional resources.
- Community Programs
- Learn about our free programs held at our New York, Connecticut, Long Island and New Jersey offices.
All CancerCare services are provided by oncology social workers and world-leading cancer experts.
WHERE CAN WE FIND OUT MORE?
Music to Grieve toListening to sad music after losing a loved one, being diagnosed with a terminal illness, or finalizing a divorce might seem counterintuitive, but this somber sounding activity has been proven to help.
Nothing can prepare you for grief, nor is there a right or wrong way to deal with it, but sad music is an easily accessible and highly effective tool that can help you begin to heal.Learn How Sad Music Can Help You